An ideal gift for someone creative! You will be sent a voucher that you can gift to a loved one, and all they need to do is book a suitable date from the website using the code on the voucher.
This voucher is vaild for 2 years from the date of issue.
This course taught by glass artist Alison Smith is a perfect introduction to glass fusing using Bullseye glass.
With groups no larger than 4 you will get plenty of guidance throughout the day, allowing you to create a piece of your own design using sheet glass, frits, stringers and rods in a wide range of colours.
Minimum age 15.
Gift Voucher -One Day Glass Fusing Course
WHAT TO EXPECT
In this course you will learn about the process of making fused glass, be taught how to safely cut glass in a variety of shapes, and will be guided through how to achieve a design in glass. You will be shown plenty of examples to give you ideas for what you can produce.
You will then produce a piece with an area of about 20cm x 20cm (this can be in whatever shape you would like, e.g. circular, oblong, square, or it can be a selection of smaller sized pieces).
Your creation can take whichever form you would like - bowl, freestanding curve, suncatcher etc.
WHAT TO BRING
Please bring a packed lunch with you. Tea, coffee and cake will be provided.
Please wear sturdy shoes that cover your toes and warm clothing.
All materials are provided. There will be plenty of sources of inspiration and examples of glass in the studio for you to get ideas for your design, and Alison will be on hand to help with this.
If you already have a few ideas for the design you would like to make you can bring them along and Alison will guide you through the best approach for recreating it in glass.
COLLECTING YOUR GLASS
Your glass creations will be taken away to be fired and can be collected or posted to you for an additional charge of £5.
This course is held in Medstead at the address below. The studio is situated at the rear of the house.
Nursery Lodge, Soldridge Road, Medstead, Alton, GU34 5JF
There is plenty of parking available in front of the house and space for a few cars infront of the studio.
Course cancellations by you:
Please check your diary carefully before placing a booking with us to ensure you are available to attend.
All courses are non-refundable.
If you wish to cancel your place on a course and you have given more than 14 days notice your options are as follows:
- We will happily transfer you to another course date, space permitting.
- If you are unable to attend any available course dates we can provide a voucher to be used in a future course booking, valid for 1 year.
- If you can find someone to send in your place this is acceptable, but please note this is your responsility to find a replacement person, and you must let us know in advance who will be attending in your place.
If you have given less than 14 days notice to cancel your place on a course your options are as follows:
- If you would like to transfer, we can only do this if your space has been re-sold.
- If you would like to transfer and the place is not re-sold, we can add you to a last minute availability waiting list for future dates of the course. If there are still unsold places on the course with 24-48 hours until the workshop is due to take place, we will offer you a place at no additional charge. Please note this option is not a guarantee of a space.
We will do our best to fill the place within this time. Please be aware that in our experience it can be difficult to fill places on courses at short notice.
Course cancellation by us
In the unlikely event that we need to cancel a course we will give you a minimum of 24 hours notice, and you will be offered a transfer date, a course voucher to be used at another time, or a full refund.
We will not be held liable for any other costs or expenses you may incur in the event of us cancelling a session.